Mother's Letter To Bethany (placed on coffin)

March 11, 2005

Dear Bethany,

You can not fathom how much I love you or how much I am going to miss you. I will forever miss your smile, your laughter, your warm embraces and the way you always said, “I love you” before you hung up the phone.

I will miss sharing a mocha freeze with you at Borders, going to the mall, and putting up the Christmas tree together. I will miss planning the wedding we were going to do soon and helping you decorate the new apartment you were going to get. Most of all I will miss being with you when you had your first child, something every mother looks forward to. There will always be an ache in my hearrt and an empty chair at our Thanksgiving table.

Bethany, it’s true there were times you broke our hearts... but dad and I never stopped loving you, and we always forgave you before you asked... and if we as earthly parents have that kind of love, how much more does our heavenly father whose love and forgiveness knows no bounds, and whose grace “pours down like rain.” Because of His infinite mercy I have the hope of seeing you in Heaven. I no longer dread death Bethany, because I can not wait to see you again.

This is the last time I will tell you “Good night” sweetheart.

Love,
Mom